Jeffrey G. Wright, M.D., Ph.D., FCCP
LICENSURE & BOARD CERTIFICATION
- Tennessee, Arkansas
- Diplomat in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine
- Rhodes College, B.S. with Honors in Chemistry
- Northwestern University, M.S. and Ph.D., Chemistry with Biochemistry emphasis
- Yale University, Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute Postdoctoral Research Fellow
- American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellow
- Vanderbilt University Medical School, MD
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Internal Medicine Residency
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowships
SPECIAL INTERESTS MEDICINE
- Lung cancer
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Advanced diagnostic & therapeutic bronchoscopy
- Critical care
Dr. Wright was raised in the foothills of the Ozark Mountains. He attended Rhodes College, graduating with Honors in Chemistry. He attended graduate school at Northwestern University and medical school at Vanderbilt University. He pursued biochemistry research at Yale University, where he was awarded an American Cancer Society Postdoctoral Fellowship. After medical school, he completed his residency and specialty medicine fellowship training at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. Upon completing his training, he became a member of Saint Thomas Medical Group in Nashville. While in Nashville, he started one of the regions first clinics devoted to lung cancer.
Dr. Wright returned to the Memphis area in 2009, joining Memphis Lung Physicians. His primary interest is patient care. He also serves on the Board of Directors for Select Health Alliance and the Baptist OneCare Physicians Advisory Council. Professional memberships include the American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, and Society for Critical Care Medicine.
Away from work, Dr. Wright describes himself as an avid, but untalented, fly fisherman. He’s also an enthusiastic nature photographer.