Ajay Wagh, M.D., M.S.
- Memphis Lung Physicians Foundation, Memphis, TN
- Attending Pulmonary and Critical Care Physician
- Inpatient Duties at Baptist Memorial Hospital, Memphis: 24/7 In-house Coverage
- ICU Staffing: Med/Surg, Cardiovascular, BMT, and Neuro
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Consultation: Step-down, General Floors, LTAC
- Outpatient Duties: Pulmonary Clinic at Memphis Lung Physicians, Foundation
- Bronchoscopy (Inpt/Outpt)– Incl. Navigational(SuperDimension) and EBUS
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto
- Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women
- Baptist Memorial Hospital-Collierville
- Baptist Memorial Restorative Care Hospital
- Baptist Rehabilitation Germantown
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM): 2011-2021
- Diplomate of the ABIM – Pulmonary Disease: 2012-2022
- Critical Care Medicine: 2013-2023
University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO
Fellowship: Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine (July 2010-2013)
Research Emphasis: Lung Cancer Chemoprevention Basic/Translational Science
Clinical Emphasis: Nodule Clinic and Bronchoscopy
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Residency: Internal Medicine (July 2007-2010)
University of Tennessee, Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
College of Medicine: Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) (Aug 2003-June 2007)
University of Memphis & UT, Health Science Center, Memphis, TN
Major: Biomedical Engineering (M.S.), (Aug 2001-Dec 2003)
Concentration: Cell Biomechanics
Case Western Reserve University (CWRU), Cleveland, OH
Major: Biomedical Engineering (B.S.), (Aug 1997-May 2001)
Concentration: Orthopedic Biomaterials (Metals and Ceramics)
Minor: Materials Science and Engineering (Informational Equivalent)
- SuperDimension Electromagnetic Navigational Bronchoscopy Course: Minneapolis, MN. Completed August 2012
- Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS) Course (Olympus): Baltimore, MD. Completed October 2012.
- American Thoracic Society (ATS) –Trainee Member
- American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) – Affiliate Member
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) – In-Training Member
Wagh AA, Roan E, Chapman KE, Desai LP, Rendon DA, Eckstein EC, Waters CM. “Localized elasticity measured in epithelial cells migrating at a wound edge using atomic force microscopy” American Journal of Physiology, Lung, Cell, Molecular Physiology. 2008 Jul;295(1):L54-60.
Mishra SR, Kumar S, Wagh A, Rho JY. “Temperature Dependent Surface Topography Analysis of Illinois Class F Fly Ash Using ESEM and AFM” Materials Letters 57, 2457, 2003.
Spencer P, Katz JL, Tabib-Azar M, Wang Y, Wagh A and Nomura T. Hyperspectral Analysis of Collagen Infused with BisGMA-Based Polymeric Adhesive. In Tissue Engineering and Novel Delivery Systems. ed: M J Yaszemski, Trantolo DJ, Lewandrowski KU, Hasirci V, Altobelli DE, Wise DL. Marcel Decker: New York, 2004, pp. 599-632.
Katz JL, Spencer P, Nomura T, Wagh A, Wang Y. “Micromechanical properties of demineralized dentin collagen with and without adhesive infiltration.” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A. Volume 66A, Issue 1, Pages 120 – 128. June 2003.
Katz JL, Spencer P, Wang Y, Wagh A, Nomura T, and Bumrerraj S. “Structural, Chemical and Mechanical Characterization of the Dentin/Adhesive Interface” in Tissue Engineering and Biodegradable Equivalents: Scientific and Clinical Applications, ed: KU Lewandrowski, Wise DL, Trantolo DJ, Gresser JD, Yaszemski M, Altobelli DE. Marcel Decker: New York, 2002, pp 775-793.